- Always arrive at least 30 minutes before your game or practice.
- When parking your rig, be courteous and be sure you are a safe distance away from the trailer next to you.
- Pick up all tape, water bottles and trash from around your trailer.
- Always bring a red, white and blue shirt to practice. Whites are not required for practices.
- Check chukker sheets to ensure you are playing in the correct chukkers and wearing the correct color.
- Before chukker begins, always clear your ball off the field.
- Always offer to shake hands after your practice/game with your teammates and opponents. If you are a guest, make sure to thank the hosts and field owner and offer to stomp divots.
- Know the difference between a practice and a game. During practice, players may not be prepared for competitive bumping/hooking. If a player announces that they are on a green horse, it is courteous not to make aggressive plays on that player.
General Rules and Regulations
- Playing fees, entry fees, late fees and fines must be paid in full.
- Release of liability waiver forms must be signed and returned to the club manager prior to any practice or play. All members, players, grooms and guests must sign release waivers.
- United States Polo Association (USPA) rules and regulations will govern all tournaments and leagues unless otherwise noted. All players are responsible for reading and understanding the USPA and Capitol Polo Club rules and regulations.
- Captains are the only players who are permitted to communicate with the umpires. Any profanity, rough or dangerous play, either during or after a match will not be tolerated. Violators will be fined.
- All players at Capitol Polo Club must be current members of the United States Polo Association and must be rated by the USPA prior to tournament or league play.
- Capitol Polo Club will expect proper attire, sportsmanship, and etiquette of all members and players, and such will be strictly enforced both on and off the playing field. This particularly applies to respectful treatment towards umpires.
- All horses brought to Capitol Polo Club must have proof of negative coggins within the last twelve months.
- Registration deadline for all USPA and Club Tournaments is 5PM on the Wednesday before the first tournament match. All Tournament fees must be paid in full at registration.
- Whites are required for all tournament and weekend games. This includes umpires.
- Umpires must be prepared for duties 10 minutes prior to game time.
- Players and umpires failing to show for a scheduled game or failing to provide a competent replacement will be fined a minimum of $50.00. The fine must be paid before the next practice/game.
- Do not tie horses to the fences. Use the picket lines or your trailers. Members and guests will be responsible for any damage done to fences or paddocks.
- All players must assist in replacing divots after games.